Tuesday 28 October 2014

Daily Cleaning


Okay, so here goes. Step two is to fit in these five tasks each day. Don't pressure yourself to be perfect, just do what you can in 15 minutes and you'll be surprised how much of a difference it will make to your home.

Check Floors - Every morning I have a quick scout around the house to check for any fluff on the carpets or bits on the floor. Generally, I do a quick brush of the kitchen floor (we're obviously very messy cooks!) and grab the dust pan and brush for bits around the rest of the 'non-carpeted' floor and lastly pick up any fluff on the carpets.

House Pick Up - This is my quick tidy up of the house, putting things where they belong. This part of my daily routine is the one I value most. It prevents piles of paper, clothes and toys building up around the house and makes it so much easier to clean it.

Wipe Counters - A quick tidy up of the kitchen and a wipe clean of the countertops. I love how a clean and sparkly worktop can bring a huge smile to my face.

Bathroom - I keep a stash of micro fibre cloths underneath my bathroom sink and each morning I grab one while I'm in there getting ready for the day and wipe down the bathroom countertops, sink and lastly the top of the toilet cistern and seat lid. This keeps my bathroom visitor ready.

Laundry - We like to do one load of laundry a day to keep on top of things. I'm quite fortunate that my husband does this most days. We spilt them into colours, whites and lights. The key to mastering this process is to complete it. We tend to put a load in to wash at tea time, put it in the dryer before bed and then fold it in the morning during or after breakfast.

That's it for my daily routine. It may sound like a lot, but it honestly takes me 15 minutes. I keep it quick and leave the big jobs for the weekly clean.

Let me know how you get on and any tips you may have to improve the routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment